Population Demographics

According to the data from the most recent Census Bureau 2016 ACS Five Year estimates, the population in southeast Michigan increased by nearly eight percent between 2015 and 2016. During 2016, 5,718,624 people were living in the region. The sex of the populace was split almost evenly, with about 51 percent of the population identifying as female, and the other 49 percent identifying as male. The majority of the population identified as white (73 percent) with the second largest number of individuals identifying as black or African American (19 percent). The region as a whole is facing an aging population; 28.5 percent of population was over the age of 55, compared to 19.6 percent under the age of 24.
Population Race Demographics
Population Sex Demographics
Population Age Demographics

Data: American Community Survey 5-Year Estimates | Analysis: Workforce Intelligence Network